Events and Group Travel Consultant
Due to our continued growth we are now looking for an Events and Group Travel Consultant to join our team based in Manchester.
As one of the fastest growing Travel Management Companies in the UK, we have an exciting range of accounts and offer support to clients across a variety of sectors, so this is an excellent opportunity to flex and develop your skills.
This is a great opportunity for a Business Travel Consultant to flex their skills. As a Flight and Group Air Co-ordinator you will work with Business Travel clients wishing to book flights for a variety of events throughout the world, assisting with all air requirements and providing excellent customer service at all times.
No two days are the same, but on a typical day you will;
- Build relationships ensuring the efficient processing of all flight bookings and queries received
- Handle all enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Offer a variety of flight options, explaining fare rules
- Booking flights for groups of passengers and groups of individual passengers
- Confirm the reservations as required and ensuring the booking process goes smoothly
- Offer advice regarding destinations, best/most cost effective carriers etc.
- Dealing with any cancellations or amendments including schedule changes
- Offer excellent customer service with every client transaction
- Utilise account management skills in order to retain and grow business
- Take ownership and responsibility for all client queries handled until successfully concluded.
- Ensure that all fare rules, regulations and conditions are given correctly with a full explanation.
- Ensure that valid alternatives are offered to all clients.
- Comply fully with all procedures in the office and the GEM programme.
- Ensure that full support is given to the key preferred suppliers.
In return we offer a competitive salary with the opportunity to grow and develop you career
So if you’re a high performer with a passion for travel then please get in touch we’d love to hear from you!
To be successful in this role our ideal candidate will have;
- Previous experience booking flights, especially through the GDS would be highly desireable
- Previous experience co-ordinating conferences and events
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft office.
- Flexible and able to prioritise tasks in line with business objectives
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to follow instructions.
- The ability to work within a team environment to achieve team/department objectives
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadline
- Good Geographical knowledge